Below, taken from the list of the top 10 educational toys 2010 are the top 5 picks:
1. LeapFrog Learn and Groove Educational Table
Ages: For kids 6 months to 3 years old
best educational kids toys this year.
Merchant Info: Provide a world of learning and musical fun for your child with the LeapFrog Learn & Groove Musical Table. Designed for children ages six months to three years, this innovative toy is chock full of learning and musical activities designed to provide visual and auditory stimulation and motor skill development, as well as opportunities to learn about colors, the alphabet, and opposites for older children -- and much more.
2. LeapFrog Leapster 2 Educational Handheld Toy
Ages: For kids about 4-8 years old
Merchant Info: Put innovative creativity and fun at your kids' fingertips -- and watch them learn in the process -- with the The LeapFrog Leapster 2 Learning Game System. This battery-operated handheld game system goes where your children go, and brings plenty of learning fun along. It comes with two pre-installed educational games, and many more are available: purchase an optional SD card separately for access to additional online games and to take advantage of other online features; or you can purchase game cartridges to add to your Leapster 2 repository. The included games have skill levels suitable for children ages 4 to 8.
3. Moon in My Room Educational Toy from Uncle Milton
Ages: For kids about 6 years of age and up
Merchant Info: The illuminated model of the Moon can display either phase, as well as the other phases of the moon. This detailed model shows the maria, terrae, ejecta, impact craters and other lunar landmark in relief. With a touch from the remote you can advance the Moon through its phases, lit by internal LED lights. It makes a great nightlight, as it will turn on in a darkened room and stay on for 30 minutes. Includes IR remote and a CD audio tour with interesting facts about the Moon. Requires 4 AA batteries and 2 AAA batteries, not included.
4. Scribble and Write Educational Toy from LeapFrog
Ages: For kids from about 3 to 5 years old
Merchant Info: Light the way to early writing with Scribble & Write Children trace the lights to get practice drawing simple shapes and pictures, then graduate to learning upper- and lowercase letters with step-by-step guidance.
* Light the way to early writing with Scribble and Write
* Four learning modes can help your child progress from drawing simple shapes and pictures, to writing upper- and lowercase letters
* Features a child-sized stylus, single retraceable surface and stroke-by-stroke guidance
* Parents can connect to the online LeapFrog Learning Path for customized learning ideas and insights from LeapFrog
* Children simply trace over the lights with the stylus to form letters
5. Melissa and Doug See and Spell Educational Toy
Ages: For kids about 4-7 years of age
Merchant Info: Place the colorful wooden letters in their proper places to spell words on the cut out two-sided wooden boards. Includes 16 playful pictures with three and four letter words to keep learning fun. Includes over 50 letters.
There they are - the top five educational toys for kids this year. Some of them are "repeats" from previous years - but hey, I wonder if there is a good reason for that? =D
Additional Resource - Recommended for more choices: