Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Outdoors Toys: A Learning Experience

When I was a kid, everyone in my family considered yard work a chore. I was never introduced to fun ways of spicing up a day doing nothing but working around the yard, because my family believed there wasn't any amusement in it. However, I spent much of my time outside, swinging or playing on my backyard playground. Now, with technology making leaps and bounds everyday, kids are programmed to believe everything outside is a hassle, including yard work. Which is why I've dubbed this following very-short list, "the best outdoor toddler toys" -- a learning experience for kids, and a new way for modern parents to teach their children that not all outdoor activities are mind numbing.

________________________________________

Fisher-Price Bubble Mower

Most little boys (and several little girls) want to be "just like Daddy!" Despite the belief that outdoor work was dull in my family, I still ran to the window every Saturday to watch my Dad mow the lawn. I always half-heartedly wished to be out there with him, making our yard more presentable to the neighbors. This bubble mower is my "if only" moment. Designed to look exactly like a traditional push mower, this toy will spout streams of bubbles as your child "mows" the lawn. Equipped with a tunnel for the actual bubbles and a cup for the container, it's a classic hit with kids of all ages.


Buy it @ Amazon Toys
________________________________________

Toysmith Kid's 3-Piece Garden Tool Set

Kids are helpers! Which is why this gardening set is such a great idea. Complete with 2 small shovels and a rake/hoe, the set lets kids learn about plant life while spending time with parents in the family garden. Come harvest time, children will feel proud of themselves for having helped with the new vegetables, giving them the opportunity to contribute AND have a great time with new toys.

Buy it @ Amazon Toys

No comments: