Friday, October 9, 2015

The Best Wooden Kitchens for Little Chefs-to-be

I love to cook. It is a passion that I have cultivated from childhood, growing as I helped my grandmother in the kitchen when she would prepare pies and other awesome desserts. She fancied herself a baker, ergo I was a baking fiend for a decade before I learned to cook anything else.

Most kids have some kind of interest in cooking, especially when there is someone they look up to in the kitchen.

The following three among the best wooden kitchens for kids encourage little chefs-to-be in both imagination and creativity. They can let their culinary flags fly high and proud, just the way you did when you, and I, were helping our loved ones prepare, what we thought, were the best meals in the world.

__________________________________

Melissa & Doug Cook’s Corner Wooden Kitchen

This wooden kitchen reminds me of the one I had as a kid. Like this one, it fit in a nook in my bedroom, giving me plenty of room to serve imaginary guests, while I also had lots of space for other toys.

This kitchen is basic, but awesome.

The burners are colored in red coils to represent heat. There is also a handy cooking timer, an easy-clean sink, a shelf for pots and pans, and an open-and-close oven.

Plus, the cutting board is conveniently centered, and a little pantry under the sink provides space for cooking must-haves.

__________________________________

KidKraft Deluxe Big & Bright Kitchen

When I cook for myself, I never go all out. It is when I cook for others that my imagination and creativity soar.

This kitchen is, as the name suggests, big and bright, providing a mood-boosting rush of happiness and cheeriness to your little chefs and their pretend patrons.

The difference of this kitchen, aside from the usual fridge, oven, and microwave, is a neat-o dry-erase board – perfect for growing ingredient lists of imaginary grocery essentials.

__________________________________

KidKraft Red Retro Kitchen

The color scheme of this retro kitchen is pure awesomeness. Red and silver were the go-to hues in the 1970s, and this kitchen embodies the cooking styles of old diners and roadside greasy spoons.

This kitchen, made from wood (of course), is sturdily constructed, meaning it might outlast your kids to be passed onto their kids. Inclusive of all things kitchen related, such as a fridge, freezer, and stove with an open-and-close oven door, this kitchen also boasts a removable sink, restaurant-esque plate-warming shelf, and a cordless phone.
__________________________________

Hopefully one of the above will fit the bill to spawn an interest in the "real thing" in the kitchen.  =) To find more picks among wooden kitchens for kids, here is a current list for this year.

No comments: